.

.

Sunday, August 17, 2014

"I'M NO ACTIVIST"

Album Cover for Futuretronic
>CLICK HERE TO VIEW VIDEO<

P> I have to ask this... what the hell is the song Futuretronic about?
(Paige laughs)
(JASON C laughs)

JC> Not sure! (smiles) We were just in a weird mood when it came to that production! I wanted to do something 'funky' and didn't have much on my mind so we just kind of threw some weirdness together. We ran into multiple problems with this single actually... music issues, tons of editing issues... nothing
turned out the way it was suppose to but we still had affection for it so we published it.

It was going to be more of a political song but we felt we were starting to beat a dead horse with trying to "wake people up" and honestly, I'm no activist. But if we can help spread at least some awareness of what is "truly" going on in this world then that is a good thing. We don't like to repeat ourselves though and like to do some other "song like" love and or drama stuff, ya know?

And Futuretronic was sort of the beginning of that for us. Well, Water wasn't political but anyway, you get what I'm sayin'.

P> Your next single finally made it's appearance!

JC> YES!! We couldn't just NOT use Like A Fanjet but we were so tired of it at this point and I was having massive car problems at that time and as I had said, our songs often reflect what's going on in life so that's what the song and video became about. I actually like the video for the instrumental version of this song more! In the lyrical version, the vocals are too loud and we didn't put a lot of effort into the video but I have affection for Fanjet's main version too!

Album Cover for Like A Fanjet
>CLICK HERE TO VIEW VIDEO<

Album Cover for Like A Fanjet Instmtl.
>CLICK HERE TO VIEW VIDEO<

P> There are a few that have said that you and your performances are very "Madonna" like.
What's your response to that?

JC> My response is, if you don't like it, don't watch it! Madonna is herself and I am myself. Yes, I love her and am heavily influenced by her and it comes out in the style of dance and looks but when I wake up I am Jason C, when I perform I am Jason C and at the end of the day, I am Jason C! I have a great love for commercial airliners too and that comes out in the videos as well so, ya... I'm not trying to be her... I am me! And that's all I have to say about that!
(seeming angry)










No comments:

Post a Comment